We hope this finds you and your family well and in good health. We have been through a lot in the last few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, the one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your safety.
After multiple team meetings, new protocol implementations for PPE and personal testing for COVID-19, we were excited to do a soft reopen of our office on May 11. We are taking temperatures as well as monitoring ourselves for symptoms daily. Our office is following infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) now as we have done in the past and remain up-to-date on new rulings and guidance and check for updates daily.
You may see some changes at your next visit that were made to protect both patients and staff and they include:
- We will communicate with you before your appointment and ask that you call back to confirm directly. We will ask pre-screening questions and the same questions again when you are in our office. Masks are needed to enter the office.
- Please pull up to the office and call us to let us know you are here at (336) 760-9258. We will come out to greet you and bring you in.
- When you come in we will take your temperature, give you hand sanitizer and take you back for your appointment. If you need to use the restroom, please do so before we take you back.
- Our waiting room is no longer offering magazines, the newspaper, kids toys, brochures, etc. as we cannot adequately disinfect them.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing which means fewer patients per day and reduced waiting time for your appointment.
- We have acquired medical grade Blueair AllergyGuard Plus Classic air purifiers for our office and operatories (www.blueair.com) to clean, purify and filter pathogens, odors and vapors. This requires increased time to set up and clean up so that patients can walk into a clean air room. Please be patient as we will try our best to stay on time.
- Patients over 18 are to enter the office wearing a mask without a family member, significant other or friend and wear the mask until asked to remove it. Minors and patients requiring assistance may have one parent or guardian enter the building with them wearing a mask. Only patients being treated are allowed in the operatories.
- We will be wearing more PPE than previously and will need to keep the office cooler-please dress accordingly.
These changes are to better help protect patients and the team from not only COVID-19 but all other pathogens as well as allow us to meet your dental needs in a safe and careful manner.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patients and friends, we value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.